Weather you walk your path in total darkness or blazing light you are equally blind. But blend the two into balanced portions and your path becomes much clearer.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Eyes of the past - Eyes of the future

I look deep within your eyes

And I see the vastness of time stretching eternally into the past

I am overwhelmed

I am awed

I am humbled

Your gaze pierces the deepest recesses of my being

I feel the weight of all that has come before me

I feel all the joys of everything that has come before me

I feel all the sacrifices of everything that has come before me

I feel the heavy weight of responsibility

You look deep within my eyes

And you see the vastness of time stretching eternally into the future

You are sad

You are hopeful

You are humbled

My gaze pierces the deepest recesses of your being

You feel the weight of all that will come after you

You wonder if you have done enough

You wonder if the foundation you have built is firm enough

You feel a quiet hope and joy

You feel the lightening of the spirit that comes with death

We look deep into each others eyes

And we are the same

13 comments:

  1. Hey man, Awesome post, especially when read a second time! =) Welcome to the blogging community! =D

    -Weasel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm happy to hear my poems have lasting appeal. I should be posting more of them in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done ... Welcome to potluck! Enjoy your visitors and visits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gave me goosebumps!
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. vivid and fun piece, love the way you do it, very thoughtful writing in highlighting both perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. visit a few poets from our list near your own entry, thanks for the cool contribution...
    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely, profound and intense piece!welcome to potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Musing: Thank you, I am.

    Silly: that is a very high compliment indeed.

    Jungle: I am glad you enjoyed. I will be looking at others soon.

    Bing: Thank you for the welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you write as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting and enjoyable... I liked reading it and your back ground image is good one.. too

    जय दुर्गा जी, जय काली माँ
    Jai Durga Ji, Jai Kali Ma
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
    Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am working on placing your link to Jingle Poetry blog roll,
    I have been occupied by so many stuff, sorry for being late. it will appear within a week.
    your poetry rocks.
    keep it coming...

    write a poem related to 7 sins, link to our potluck today.
    Thanks for the support

    ReplyDelete