Weather you walk your path in total darkness or blazing light you are equally blind. But blend the two into balanced portions and your path becomes much clearer.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Gate

I have failed

The gate of my shame is open before me

The doom of the world pouring forth from its darkness

But while I may have failed myself

And the hope of my people

I refuse to let this world suffer for it

I pull forth the sword of my greatest sorrow from within

And slash at the unleashed blackness

The doom of this world shrieks at the touch of my blade

Not able to bare the painful light

Step by bloody step I push the blackness back through the gate

Sensing its eventual loss the doom of this world turns its attention fully onto me

Rending me limb from limb... tearing the wings of creation from my body

Making no effort to defend myself I stoically push forward

Until the gate just recently opened is once again closed

My sword clatters to the ground while I collapse into a bloody heap

Death quickly creeping into my once Undying flesh

But as the once eternal light of creation fades from me

As I answer the sweet sirens call of oblivion

Fate interposes its ever enigmatic hand

In the unlikely tongue of a small canine spirit

Licking the blood from my shattered face

Offering something I thought was forever lost to me

The tiny ever flickering light of Hope

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Looksfar, I was so touched when I got to the lines about the small canine spirit, offering care and some Hope. Just a wonderful ending - (beginning?)My canines bring me a lot of comfort and ease in this old world. I'm glad you have one too. Nice to see you writing and posting. It's been a while. Take good care. I'll bet you are missing your sister this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An ending and a beginning, the ancient Undying one passes away to be reborn into something new.

    Thank you, you take care as well and I do miss Zellie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sad,
    cheer up...

    your poetry rocks.
    keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings!
    Here is the end of the year awards 4 you, enjoy!

    End of The Year Awards 4 Friends of Jingle or Jingle Poetry Community

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    At this time of the year, We wish you all the best !

    Link up a poem to our potluck today, We send blessings all the way to brighten your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it that a dog brought you back from the abyss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm kinda liked it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looksfar, are you okay? No writing for a long time? I just re-read this poem, touched once again by the love of the small canine spirit. My old fellow, Pup, died in January - it was the hardest loss of my life. I still miss him so much. Hope you are doing okay and are still writing. You write from a very deep and real place and you do it so well.

    ReplyDelete